"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeing new landscapes, but in having new eyes"
-Marcel Proust

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Olympic Sniffle

Some people might read this and think I'm obsessing about the weather and they might be right.  I do check the thermometer every morning hoping that it will read above 10 degrees but it seems to be going down instead of up.  Its minus 2 this morning with a clear sky and a heavy frost.  The sun is out and I'm certain it will be a gorgeous day, maybe even reaching 12 degrees.  Yes I am a little obsessed.  I'm just tired of being cold and anxious to get into the garden. 

We dropped Kirk off at work this morning with the frost coming off our breath.  On the agenda this morning is muffin baking and if there is time some banana bread for school tomorrow.  Harper continues to thrive at preschool and has his first nemesis. (OK maybe a little exaggerated) A little blond, curly haired boy named Archie whose mother also happens to be Australian.  That may explain alot.  Anyway, apparently they butt heads all day because they are both bossy. 


With one week to go before the Olympic closing ceremony I have to admit that I don't have Olympic fever.  It's more like an Olypmic sniffle.  I seem to be missing that 'Sport Gene' and I just not that into it.  Not that I'm completely imuned to the excitement.  Last week we ventured into Vancouver to soak up the atmosphere downtown.  Streets were closed and there were people wandering around draped in the flags of their country, waving flags and chanting.  It was really exciting.  We didn't make it into any of the pavillions because of the long line ups but the electricity in the streets was enough to get anyone excited about the Olympics. Even Harper, (although I think the highlight of his day was riding on the bus). As you can see he found it all a bit to much.  

One week before we leave for Florida and we're counting the days.

1 comment:

  1. You are so un-Australian in not having that sporting gene (no not really!). We have been watching a bit of the coverage but as someone who still has never been to the snow it is all quite foreign to me. Good luck withthe muffins I hope they make a baker of you.

    ReplyDelete